Wednesday 20 July 2011

Corinne's Oat Lemon and Chia Flapjacks

Hi bloggers!!!
I hope you enjoyed my last recipe.
I always think food should be as natural as possible, in fact as nature intended.
When I think about food I always try and think of the health benefits to be gained from that food.
I hope you find the information as interesting as I do.

These flapjacks are delicious, quick and simple.
If you enjoy eating as nature intended then you will love this raw food recipe. Its take about 5 minutes to put together and one hour to chill in the fridge then its ready to enjoy.

Ingredients
Dried dates 50g
Truly delicious, full of vitamins and minerals, a true super food.

Dried apricots 50g
Great for slow releasing energy. Helps with weight loss too. Also great for the digestion and packed full of vitamins and minerals.

Sunflower seeds 50g
These are wonderful seeds, full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. We all need plenty of antioxidants in our diet to help fight those free radicals (more about this later).

Raisins 100g
Raisins are full of natural sugar which means lots of energy.

Porridge oats 100g
Oats contain lots of slow releasing carbohydrates and will keep you feeling fuller.

Milled flaxseed 75g
I buy a mixed flaxseed which also contain nuts, omega 3, selenium, magnesium, fibre and vitamin E.

One tablespoon of organic honey
I always try and buy local honey.

One whole lemon (including skin) cut into very small pieces. (discard the pips)
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and also a great immune system booster.

Two tablespoons of hemp oil
Hemp seed oil is full of omega 6, 3, and minerals.

Two tablespoons of Chia seeds
This is a new discovery for me and what a find.
This little seed was used over 4,000 years ago by the Aztecs and the Incas. If it was good enough for them I thought I would give it a try!
Chia also helps keep you hydrated so that is another plus and they are full of vitamins and minerals; what a clever little seed!

Next is the easy bit...

Mix all ingredient in a food processor until it forms a dough, press the dough into a baking tray and chill in fridge for one hour.
Cut into square size treats and enjoy!!

Use a 20cm non stick baking tray.

The flapjacks can be stored in the fridge for up to a week in an air tight container.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Corrine. I think the hardest thing about this recipe is getting hold of some of the ingredients!
    Click here for Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bazza - got to the food shop on Chigwell parade you can get everything in there!

    ReplyDelete